- Borax Decahydrate
- Molecular Formula: Na2B4O7·10H2O
- CAS Number: 1303-96-4
- Manufacturer: U.S Borax Inc.
- Grade: Technical
- Appearance: Granular
Also Known As:
- Sodium Borate
- Sodium Tetraborate
- Disodium Tetraborate
- The chemical formula for borax, sodium borate, is Na2B4O7·10H2O.
- Borax is a solid, odourless, weighs 201.22 g/mole and melts at 743 degrees Celsius.
- Borax is stable and non-corrosive in the presence of glass.
- Borax is also referred to as boric acid, disodium salt, disodium tetraborate decahydrate, sodium borate, sodium borate decahydrate, sodium tetraborate and sodium tetraborate decahydrate.
- The mineral is white, gray, bluish or greenish-white streaked crystals, with a solubility of 6g to 100g of water.
- Sodium borate has a density of 1.73, and a boiling point of 320 Celsius.
- The pH is alkaline.