- Sodium Carbonate Anhydrous
- Molecular Formula: Na2CO3
- CAS Number: 497-19-8
- Manufacturer: TATA Chemicals Europe
- Grade: Standard Grade
- Appearance: Granular
Also Known As:
- Disodium Carbonate
- Soda Ash
- It has a chemical structure of Na2CO3 and a molecular formula of CNa2O3.
- The compound will melt at 851 degrees Celsius or 1564 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sodium carbonate is non-combustible and will decompose in effervescent acids.
- Sodium carbonate takes the form of a white crystalline powder, soluble in water at 45.5g/100 mL.
- The compound remains stable under ordinary conditions and does not pose a threat of fire.
- Sodium carbonate poses no hazards in transportation and has a bulk density of 400 to 700 kg/mg3.
- Its pH measures 11.6 and it has no distinguishable odour.
- Sodium carbonate has high alkaline properties.