- Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate
- Molecular Formula: MgCl2.6H2O
- CAS Number: 7791-18-6
- Manufacturer: Dead Sea Works Israel
- Grade: Technical
- Appearance: Flakes
Also Known As:
- Magnesium Dichloride Hexahydrate
- Magnesium Chloride Still Salt
- Magnesium Chloride
- Magnesium chloride hexahydrate is a naturally occurring salt with the formula MgCl2 6(H2O).
- It is mostly produced from sea water and in particular the Dead Sea.
- It is a colourless to white, odourless salt with a bitter taste.
- It has been used for centuries as an aid to improving health and well being.
- Its therapeutic properties are well recognised and people flock to the Dead Sea every year to bathe in its water to rejuvenate themselves.
- The main uses for magnesium chloride are in the paper, textiles, cement and refrigeration industries.
- It also finds major applications as a de-icer and a water treatment in aquariums.
- High quality magnesium chloride from the Dead Sea.
- Free from phosphate, bromides and ammonia.
- Dissolves quickly to provide clear solution.